Sunday, October 5, 2008

Psalm 23

Just to give a little update... We are currently going through the Bible study "Disciple's Prayer Life." We are doing one day each Sunday. So it will take us a while, but that is okay. It is better to really understand something than just get it done quickly.
This week we talked about our personal prayer identity some more. We studied Psalm 23 and how David wrote about God being like a Shepherd and leading His sheep because that was David's life experience. He was a shepherd. He could relate His relationship to God to all his experiences taking care of his sheep. Each of us is unique and has a unique prayer relationship with God. This was very evident this morning when we had everyone write their own 23rd Psalm. They were all so different. We thought it would be fun to share them. So I'll go first.
This is Julie's 23rd Psalm written this morning- not meant to replace or change the inherent, infallible Word of God- just to be my expression to God of who He is and how I relate to Him.
"The Lord is my Father, He will provide everything I need everyday.
He shows me His plans and desires for my life. He leads me to a deeper understanding of who He is everyday.
And everyday, He reminds me of His love and new mercies. He patiently leads me to understand His righteousness and how He wants me to resemble Him and bring Him glory.
Even when I'm confused by the differing opinions around me and the evil of this world, I am not afraid because You are there. You protect me as Your child and look out for me. Your Word and Your Holy Spirit are a daily comfort.
You know the plans you have for me and fulfill that plan in the presence of those who don't believe in You. You call me your daughter. My heart overflows with joy.
All the days of my life, you will never leave me. Therefore, I will always have peace and joy and fulfillment. I will dwell with you forever.

No comments: