Most of my youth I lived a very sinful life. I went to church most Sunday’s and even tithed, but I didn’t live like a Christian. I did what I wanted to do and didn’t allow Jesus to have control of my life. I smoked cigarettes, drank and even smoked marijuana for a period in my life. I had pre-marital sex and cussed. Even while doing all these things I was still miserable.
In February of 2000, me and Mark went on our first date. We had been working together for awhile, but I had a boyfriend. We got together shortly after I broke up with him. By the time I met Mark I was no longer smoking marijuana, but I still smoked cigarettes and drank. We went to parties with people we worked with as well as other friends. We also had sex. Mark wasn’t a Christian and I still wasn’t acting like one. About a year and a half into our relationship my brother confronted me about the fact that me and Mark were having sex. It was really hard to hear the truth even though I knew he was right. God used him to convict me and God continued to convict me as well. During all this I was taking Experiencing God and I was becoming closer to God. I finally decided that this time I was going to choose God no matter what the outcome was. I knew that there was a good chance that me and Mark would break up and I was pretty sure he was the man I wanted to marry. When the day came to tell Mark that I could no longer have sex with him because of my relationship with God I had knots in my stomach. That was one of the worst, but also one of the best days of our lives. Mark thought I was doing this so he would break up with me, but I was finally able to convince him that it was truly because I wanted to obey my Father. It was still hard not to have sex after that and we did stumble a few times, but after this change many other changes followed. Mark started going to church with me at Life Christian. It started getting really weird there so we started looking for a different church. We worked with Eric Goodwin and he invited us to come to Faith Baptist Church. So we came around Christmastime in 2002 and we’ve been here ever since. I’m not sure when I was saved. I grew up believing in God and the bible, but I don’t know if I was saved when I was little and then just backslidden all those years, or if I got saved later in life. The good news is that I am saved and God has changed my life for the better. He didn’t leave me or forsake me when I was rebelling against Him. He was patient with me and didn’t give me what I deserved and for that I will be eternally grateful to Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment